August 5, 2020
MPCC Members and Friends,
As many of you know, we had to move back to online-only church because we had someone in church who tested positive for COVID-19. We are pleased to know that our safety procedures were successful in that the virus did not spread through our gatherings.
We feel that it is appropriate to gather again. This Sunday, August 9, we are going to offer both online and in-person worship services. We will not be offering kids’ programming, Sunday school, or fellowship time. However, entire families are welcome.
Sunday morning schedule:
8 a.m. traditional service in the sanctuary
9 a.m. contemporary service in the sanctuary
10 a.m. contemporary service in the sanctuary
8 a.m. traditional service
9 a.m. kids’ and family service
10 a.m. contemporary service
Each service will be no longer than 40 minutes. Doors will open 10 minutes before the start of each service.
To give us the best chance of staying open, we have decided to REQUIRE a few safety procedures.
1. Masks are required to enter the building and must be worn until exiting the building. We will have them at the door if needed.
2. No touching other people.
3. You must sit 6 feet apart or more from other households.
4. If you’re sick or have a temperature, please worship with us online.
Worship with us today
Community Summer Food Program is now taking donations of non-perishable food items for families. This will supplement the nutritional needs of children through the summer months of June, July and August. The following items are needed and can be dropped off at the Zion Lutheran church office (M-TH, 8 a.m. - Noon).
- Peanut butter
- Jelly or preserves
- Individual fruit, pudding or jello cups (non-refridgerated kind)
- Breakfast or nutritional bars
- Individual snack packs (crackers/cheese, crackers/peanut butter)
- Canned wieners and beans
- Individual size or boxes of macaroni and cheese
- Hamburger helper
- Pop tarts
- Cans of spaghetti and meatballs, etc.
- Ramen noodles
- Packages of fruit snacks
- Country time lemonade in the canisters
Monetary donations are also appreciated. Checks should be made payable to the Children's Summer Food Program.